Leap of Kindness Day 2020
What Are You Doing on Saturday, February 29th?
Use Your Extra Day to Take Part in #LeapOfKindnessDay by Doing Something Kind for Someone Else
On Saturday, February 29, 2020, we all get one additional day to make a difference with this year being Leap Year. What will you be doing with this extra day? We invite you to join the CCEDC and take part in #LeapOfKindnessDay and do something kind for someone else.
Founded in 2016 by the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce in New York, the #LeapOfKindnessDay initiative is an international movement that now has more than 160 Chambers of Commerce in 40 states, Canada and Ireland participating.
How Can You Help Make a Difference on #LeapOfKindnessDay?
There are a variety of kind things that you can do on #LeapOfKindnessDay to help make a difference in someone else's life and in your community. Here are some ideas to get you started...
- Support the needs of a local non-profit or shelter by making a monetary, time, supplies or clothing donation. See below.
- Serve a free breakfast or a meal to first responders, military personnel or veterans or offer to pay for their meal while you are dining out.
- Donate building materials or your skills to Habitat for Humanity.
- Organize a clothing or food drive.
- Donate to a local food pantry or school.
- Help your local library serve the community by making book and monetary donations.
- Make a donation of money, supplies, food or your time to a local animal shelter or adopt a pet to give him/her a forever home.
- Visit a local senior community and spend time with residents who may not have regular visitors.
- Donate your time to a local non-profit or community initiative.
- Write a THANK YOU note to someone who has made a difference in your life.
Be sure to post your act of kindness to your social networks using #LeapOfKindnessDay.
Here's How You Can Help Your Local Non-Profit Organizations & Make a Difference in Your Community...
The following non-profit organizations are in need of your help of monetary, time or material/supplies donations on Saturday, February 29th and throughout the year! Be sure to post your act of kindness to your social networks using #LeapOfKindnessDay.
- Care Net of Carbon County is a Christ-centered community resource providing support to those facing pregnancy, and encouraging healthy choices in sexuality, relationships, and parenting. We are always in need of baby and family personal care items like baby shampoo, baby wash, shampoo, body wash, bar soap and deodorant; and family items like laundry detergent and postage stamps. We will also need volunteer help with a 5K/Walk for Life, Saturday, May 30th and churches, organizations and businesses to host Baby Bottle Campaigns. Call 610-379-0411 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Family Promise of Carbon County
167 S. 3rd Street
Lehighton, PA 18235Family Promise of Carbon County is seeking donations for the children
and families experiencing homelessness that we serve. We are in need
of underwear for all ages, personal care items, including; shampoo and
conditioner; soap; baby wipes, shaving cream and razors; as well as
general supplies such as toilet paper; paper towels, cleaning
supplies, light bulbs, and batteries. Not a shopper? That’s OK. Gift
cards to purchase these items are also appreciated. Donations can be
dropped off at our Day Center 167 S. 3rd St. in Lehighton or you may
contact Krista Brown-Ly at 610-379-4757 or
Turn To Us is in need of gas gift cards, restaurant gift cards, craft supplies, and volunteers.We are also looking for volunteers to sign up to help at the 1/2 of full marathon at The Jim Thorpe Running Festival:
Attention Non-Profit and Community Organizations
If you are a local non-profit or community organization and would like to submit your needs to be included on this page, please CLICK HERE. Please be sure to include your organization name and contact information with your submission. Needs will be added to this page upon our review and receipt.
If you business is doing something special on #LeapOfKindnessDay, we would be happy to help you spread the word by including your acts of kindness on this page. CLICK HERE to submit what you will be doing along with your company name and contact information. If you need some additional inspiration, you can see what other companies are doing by visiting: www.saratoga.org/foundation/leap-of-kindness-day-2020/