Carbon County Hotel Tax Disbursement Program
2021 Hotel Tax Allocation Announced
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: April 30, 2021
The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has delegated to its Room Tax Allocation Committee - RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the hotel room tax imposed throughout the four counties of the Pocono Mountains.
- Bi-annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media informing eligible non-profit organizations in the county of the availability of monies for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into the County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
- The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable for submissions and deadlines.
- Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
- The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
- Invoices from vendors for approved marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount funded by the RTAC subject to payment guidelines established by the PMVB.
- Funded program recipients may be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
- PMVB branding guidelines will be provided to each program. Branding material should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Vice President of Marketing (PMVB) at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 570-534-4543.
- Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent for payment to Jamie Schmeelk, Director of Accounting (PMVB) at email: email@example.com or phone: 570-534-4326.
Please be sure to indicate the organization's name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice. An award code will be assigned and must be on all invoices as well.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION EXTENDED TO April 30, 2021
OPTIONAL: COMPLETE OUR ONLINE FORM BELOW INSTEAD OF A PAPER COPY OF THIS APPLICATION.
Before you begin to complete this online form, please download the application below which includes the Budget Worksheet at the end of the document and upload a scanned copy of the Budget Worksheet where indicated on this form. CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD.