Carbon Chamber & Economic Development members give their thoughts on why it is important to belong to the Chamber and how it has helped their business and community.
- Demetri Patitsas
“The Chamber has given us so many opportunities to promote our unique business to the region. Having access to The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber was an added value that has already paid enormous dividends. Partnerships with supporting businesses in the area has also been a big plus."
- Dave Figenshu, Director of Photography
Full Moon Video Services/ Full Moon Digital TV
“The health and vitality of our local businesses have a direct, positive impact on the health and vitality of the communities we serve. Our bank has been active in the Carbon County Chamber of Commerce since its inception because out of all the organizations with which we are involved, the Chamber is the one organization that is perfectly positioned to support the growth and development of our local businesses.”
- Patrick H. Reilly, President/CEO
Mauch Chunk Trust Company
- Barb Green, President
Blue Mountain Ski Area
- Andrew E. Harris, President/CEO
Blue Mountain Health System
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION