By Marlyn Kissner, Executive Director, CCEDC
After a few challenging months, tomorrow, June 12th, Carbon County will finally be in the GREEN! Like you, we are super excited for this long awaited milestone! So as we flatten the curve and experience some eased restrictions, it is important to keep in mind that there are still COVID-19 guidelines in place as we continue our journey to normalcy. This especially pertains to our local restaurants. As our local restaurants work to reopen and offer reduced capacity indoor and outdoor dining …. PLEASE: Be Excited, Be Kind, Be Careful…Be Patient.
First, thank you to everyone for patronizing our local businesses and restaurants through the strict COVID 19 guidelines that were put in place while in the red and yellow phases. Here we are ready to move forward to green with reduced capacity indoor dining on Friday June 12th. Much like we had to conform to take out, curb side only and outdoor dining options … with patience through the process, I ask you to please have patience with our restaurants and businesses in this new phase. Please remember, our restaurant owners still have to follow strict guidelines, less tables, more space in between tables, high level sanitation practices – all to keep you safe, this will take extra time while you are dining. Thank you to all of our restaurant owners who have worked tirelessly to upgrade, invest and insure safety measures to keep us safe. Some tips I’d like to share when experiencing dining out at a local restaurant while in the yellow and green phases:
- Call to make a reservation and ask questions on their policies and plan
- Wear a mask while waiting to be seated, enjoy your meal without your mask, of course 🙂
- While using the restroom, wear your mask, wash your hands thoroughly – protect yourself and others
- Follow the guidelines/posters/physical guides (like tape on the floor, barriers) that are displayed in the restaurant
- Be kind to your server, they’ve been out of work for a while, so if you have the ability, tip above and beyond
- You may not have the ability to hang out for a few hours, like in the past – with limited seating, let’s give everyone the chance to enjoy
- Have patience with the ENTIRE EXPERIENCE …. we will be back to normal, some day, but for now … go with the flow!
For more information on what GREEN means for our local restaurants and businesses, please visit and bookmark our #OpenCarbonCounty webpage at: www.carboncountychamber.org/reopen-carbon-county for the latest updates.