By Dina Tulli Davis, CCEDC Director of Marketing & Communications
On Saturday, February 29, 2020, we all get one additional day to make a difference with this year being Leap Year. What will you be doing with this extra day? We invite you to join the CCEDC and take part in #LeapOfKindnessDay and do something kind for someone else.
Founded in 2016 by the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce in New York, the #LeapOfKindnessDay initiative now has more than 160 Chambers of Commerce in 40 states, Canada and Ireland participating.
So what are some things that you can do on February 29th in support of #LeapOfKindnessDay?
There are many things that you can do to participate in #LeapOfKindnessDay and make a difference in your community. Below are some ideas to get you started.
- Support the needs of a local non-profit or shelter by making a monetary or supplies donation. (Check out the CCEDC Leap Of Kindness webpage for a list of community and non-profit needs.)
- Serve a free breakfast or meal to first responders, military personnel or veterans or offer to pay for their meal while you are dining out.
- Donate materials to Habitat for Humanity.
- Donate to a local food pantry or school
- Make a donation of money, supplies, food or your time to a local animal shelter or adopt a pet to give them a forever home
- Visit a local senior community or center and spend time with residents and members who may not have regular visitors
- Donate your time to a local non-profit or community initiative
- Write a THANK YOU note to someone who has made a difference in your life.
More Ideas for What You Can Do on February 29th
For more ideas, CLICK HERE to visit the Leap Of Kindness Day webpage on the Saratoga Chamber of Commerce website. Be sure to post your acts of kindness to social media with #LeapOfKindnessDay!
Local Non-Profits & Community Organizations Submit Your Needs
If you are a Carbon County business or non-profit organization and would like us to share community needs for monetary, time and supplies/material donations or what you will be doing (similar to Saratoga County Chamber’s page linked above), please email Dina Tulli Davis, CCEDC’s Director of Marketing & Communications by Wednesday, February 26th.
The CCEDC will share submitted needs on a special dedicated page on our website during the week of February 24th as well as promote that page to CCEDC members and to the public.