Get Your Business in Shape
By Marlyn Kissner, CCEDC Executive Director
At the beginning of each year, New Year’s resolutions surface and many of us set goals that focus on self improvement as we vow to eat well and get in shape. I often explain that joining the Chamber is just like joining the gym. In order to get your body in shape, you have to go to the gym on a regular basis to see results. In the same exact way, to get the full affect of your chamber membership, you must be active on a regular basis and full take advantage of your benefits. It’s time to get your business in shape!
- First, re-visit all of the great member benefits that are included in your membership and set weekly goals to actively participate, just as you would do upon joining the gym
- Attend a networking mixer, educational program or major event – much like taking a yoga or spin class
- Meet with a Chamber professional for some one-on-one time to discuss the benefits that will best enhance and strengthen your business – just as you would receive coaching from trainer at the gym
- Keep a weekly or monthly log of your Chamber activities, as you would plan to log your workouts
- On your visits to the gym, you’ll meet new people and possibly get some new tips on ways to get in shape – just the same, meet with a Chamber Ambassador – we have a number of members who volunteer their time to help others leverage chamber benefits
- Just as you would prepare to have all of the equipment and workout gear to have a successful experience at the gym, do the same by gearing yourself with the chamber tools available to you such as enhancing your personal profile on our website, submitting a blog or an ad to showcase in our bi-monthly electronic newsletter
The above analogies are just a snapshot of examples of how to get your business in shape as we head in to 2020! Be an active member by joining one of our many committees that focus on education, events, membership, young professionals, tourism or women in business. Every week, list the word “Chamber” on your calendar … this will remind you to use your membership on a weekly basis. Not sure what to do? Pick up the phone and give us a call at 610-379-5000 or send an email to connect with a Chamber professional so that we can help. The Carbon Chamber an Economic Development Corp. proudly serves and supports our local businesses … our member-based organization is here to help you get your business in shape. Let us help you with your 2020 goals!