About Economic Development in Carbon County, Pennsylvania
(Jim Thorpe & Surrounding Areas)
Want to Learn More About Economic Development in the Poconos?
Welcome to Carbon County, Pennsylvania
Located an hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City, you’ll find Carbon County, PA. Set among a selection of mountains and valleys, and the winding Lehigh River, the county is home to Jim Thorpe, Palmerton, Lehighton, Weatherly, several state parks including Lehigh Gorge, and Beltzville State Park and several ski resorts.
Maybe it’s the outstanding quality of life that attracts so many businesses, or the educated workforce, or the opportunities for companies to thrive. If you’re interested in learning more about doing business here, Carbon Chamber and Economic Development Corporation is the best place to start.
Our mission is straightforward: promote economic prosperity. We accomplish that by relocating companies and helping them set up shop. We work to retain and expand businesses with a direct pipeline to dozens of financing programs and loans. If you need real estate, we offer site location assistance. Our access to state, county and municipal governments, combined with a wide range of business partners streamlines your relocation or expansion plans. Other services include economic research and workforce development. If you want to relocate, start or expand a business in Carbon County, come and talk to us first. Put our unmatched access and expertise to work for you.
CONTACT CARBON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: 610-379-5000 | E-mail
Out & About with Carbon County Economic Development
Marlyn Kissner, CCEDC Executive Director, and Kathy Henderson, Director of Economic Development for Carbon County, had the opportunity to join Gov. Wolf on a tour of downtown Jim Thorpe on Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Both had a chance to speak with him about the importance of various loan programs and overall support for our small businesses in the county.
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION