Solid business relationships are vital to growing and maintaining your business.
As a member of our Chamber, you can enjoy the benefit of having plenty of opportunities to network with interesting and like-minded, business professionals in Carbon County and the Lehigh Valley.
Every month, the CCEDC and the GLVCC each plan several “Business After Hours” networking mixers at various locations throughout these regions. Each mixer highlights a host business and guest speaker and gives all members the chance to socialize in a comfortable and fun environment.
In addition to monthly mixers, there are joint mixers, educational seminars and workshops, larger Signature events and committee meetings, which are scheduled throughout the year and offer members a chance to get involved, expand their reach to new markets, showcase and share their expertise and cultivate valuable business relationships.
If you are new to our Chamber, we want you to feel at ease and help you make the most of your first networking opportunity, so be sure to contact our Ambassador Events Committee. They would be happy introduce you to our members during an upcoming mixer or event.
If you are interested in hosting one of our upcoming mixers, the cost is $150.00 for members. Please contact the CCEDC office at 610-379-5000 to schedule.
CLICK HERE for a calendar of upcoming CCEDC "Business After Hours" mixers, workshops and special events.
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION