Find Your Fun in Carbon County...
There's Plenty to Do in Carbon County, PA This Summer!
(Memorial Day through Labor Day)
When planning your day trip, a weekend stay or a vacation in Pennsylvania, think Carbon County.
Carbon County is known for its unique diversity...small towns rich in history and culture, rolling farmland, beautiful mountains with majestic views, sparkling lakes with sandy beaches, flowing rivers, hiking and biking trails with scenic views, cozy bed & breakfasts, exciting resorts, charming shoppes, fantastic restaurants, family-friendly events and so much more!
Whether you enjoy relaxing on the beach by the lake, becoming one with nature at one of our various campgrounds or engaging in extreme sports, such as: hiking, mountain biking or whitewater rafting, we guarantee that you will FIND OUR FUN This Summer in Carbon County!
Click on the links below to start planning your visit or stay with us!
Carbon County HOT SUMMER DEALS
CLICK HERE for HOT Find Your Fun SAVINGS!
Carbon County ACCOMMODATIONS
CLICK HERE to plan your stay with us.
Stay in Jim Thorpe & the Surrounding Area
CLICK HERE to plan your stay with us.
Carbon County BIKING & TRAILS
CLICK HERE to find scenic bike trails.
Carbon County's DOWNTOWN JIM THORPE
CLICK HERE to explore historic downtown Jim Thorpe.
Carbon County CAMPGROUNDS
CLICK HERE to plan your overnight nature experience.
Carbon County ENTERTAINMENT
CLICK HERE to find your ticket to fun.
Carbon County Summer EVENTS
CLICK HERE to join in the fun.
Carbon County FAIRS & FESTIVALS
CLICK HERE to join in our celebrations.
Carbon County FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT
CLICK HERE to enjoy family-friendly activities.
Carbon County GOLF & COUNTRY CLUBS
CLICK HERE to enjoy our fairways and country clubs.
Carbon County LAKES & BEACHES
CLICK HERE to relax on sandy beaches and swim our lakes.
Carbon County MUSEUMS
CLICK HERE to learn more about our culture and history.
Carbon County RESORTS
CLICK HERE to enjoy a variety of exciting activities.
Carbon County RESTAURANT DINING
CLICK HERE to experience our delicious cuisine.
Carbon County/Jim Thorpe SHOPPING
CLICK HERE to explore our charming shoppes.
Carbon County STATE PARKS
CLICK HERE to play on nature's playground.
Carbon County TOURS
CLICK HERE to tour historical mansions, wineries & cultural centers.
Carbon County WHITEWATER RAFTING
CLICK HERE to conquer our raging waters.
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) email@example.com for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION