Festivals & Fairs
Come to Carbon County and enjoy our festivals and fairs
throughout the year...check back often for updates.
February 4 & 5, 2017
Jim Thorpe Winterfest
February 18 & 19, 2017
Carbon County EXPO
March 11 & 12, 2017
St. Patrick's Day Parade- Jim Thorpe
March 12, 2017
May 20 & 21, 2017
June 3 & 4, 2017
Carbon County in Bloom -National Pollinator Week
June 24 & 25, 2017
Lehigh Valley Wine Trail, Wine on The Mountain at Penn’s Peak
Carbon County Fair
August 7 – 12, 2017
Beer Festival at Blue Mountain Ski Resort
August 26 & 27, 2017
Carbon County Oktoberfest at Blue Mountain Resort
September 30 & October 1, 2017
Fall Foliage Festival
October 7 & 8, 14 & 15, 21 & 22, 2017
Split Rock Great Brews Beer Fest
November 18 & 19, 2017
Olde Time Christmas
First three weekends in December 2017
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) email@example.com for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION