We Are Strength in Numbers...
If you own a business or are a business professional in Carbon County, the Carbon Chamber & Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC) is the perfect business resource for you!
Our mission is to improve the economic climate and quality of life in Carbon County by providing services, information and advocacy for our members and the community.
Our vision is to bring our members together to continuously create cooperative and prosperous businesses to enhance our community.
The CCEDC is a member-centric organization. We are committed to providing our members with a STRONG Chamber and plenty of opportunities for networking as well as for business and community growth. The backbone of our organization is our leadership: board of directors, CCEDC staff and volunteer committee chairs; however, the true strength of the CCEDC comes from our volunteers, sponsors and members. In addition, we are also continuously partnering and collaborating with other like-minded organizations, such as: the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce to not only expand the reach and opportunities for our members but to also add to our organization’s STRENGTH.
We encourage our CCCEDC members to get involved, share their talents, lend their expertise and let their voices be heard. TOGETHER, we can remain STRONG, create positive change and achieve incredible things.
To learn more about becoming a CCEDC member, please CLICK HERE.
Carbon County Hotel Tax Grant
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Next Deadlines for Submission are February 28th & September 30th.
Room Tax Allocation Committee (RTAC)
As Authorized by: The Office of the Carbon County Commissioners
The Carbon County Commissioners have delegated to the RTAC certain responsibilities concerning the solicitation, evaluation and recommendation of tourism-related projects to be funded in part by proceeds from the Hotel Room Tax imposed throughout the County.
This Committee has developed and submitted to the Office of the County of Commissioners a protocol that include: general guidelines, guidelines, application criteria and an evaluation procedure.
1. Twice annually, the RTAC will provide releases to the media and place advertisements informing eligible non-profit organizations in Carbon County of the availability of grants for tourism-related projects (that primarily bring tourists into Carbon County and encourage overnight stays) and soliciting their inquiries.
2. The RTAC will provide an application to interested organizations together with a timetable of deadlines for submission.
3. Following each deadline, the RTAC will convene to evaluate all applications that have been received and will record its recommendations for funding.
4.The RTAC will send the report to the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Inc. (PMVB) for final approval per ACT 18.
5. Invoices from vendors for marketing expenditures will be sent directly to PMVB for payment up to the amount approved by the RTAC.
6. Funding recipients will be required to submit a summary of all expenditures and pertinent project information to the RTAC within 12 months of the conclusion of the funded project.
7. PMVB Branding guidelines will be provided. Branding materials should be added to print/digital advertising including, but not limited to, websites, billboards and brochures. Any questions should be directed to Brian Bossuyt, Director of Marketing (PMVB) email@example.com 570-421-5791 x 3120.
8. Upon approval of funding, marketing invoices should be sent to Staci Barkalow, CFO (PMVB) firstname.lastname@example.org for payment.
Please be sure to indicate the organizations name along with your contact information on each marketing invoice.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS DECEMBER 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION